Friday, February 13, 2009

LAUGHTER PAINTINGS

Laughter constantly enlivens my world. As I laugh with people in laughter club and other laughter yoga sessions, I feel uplifted. It has blessed every aspect of my life with more joy.

Thus, I continue to explore the theme of joy in my art work. I've started a series of small, abstract laughter paintings similar to the laughter portraits I did a few weeks ago. These, however, have no subject matter at all. They represent nothing but pure, unbounded laughter and silliness.

My artistic process is ridiculously simple. I get some paint ready, I laugh, I paint, I laugh, I paint and so forth until the painting seems complete. It is difficult for me to abandon my logical ideas about how a painting should look but that's what I aim to do. I want the painting to capture the essence of laughing joy with the colors, textures and compositions. Below are a few examples.











These paintings are acrylic on a wood block sized 2 1/8" x 3 1/4" x 7/8" and wrapped in celophane. They are priced at just $10 each. Order them at the Laughter Shoppe. You won't know which one you're getting until it arrives. Ha ha ha ha!

No comments: