Tuesday, June 1, 2010

LAUGHING WITH CAMP STAFF

This summer, I led a session on prayer during staff training at Sugar Creek Bible Camp. The camp is located in a beautiful valley Southwest Wisconsin. It is near and dear to my heart as I was on the staff of this camp when I was in college. It is also the location in which I hold laughter yoga leader retreats. As part of this session, I taught them a technique I like to call "laughter prayer," which brings laughter yoga principles to Christian prayer.


Here I am teaching the group of talented young staff people.


I'm talking emphatically with some of the staffers during our small group discussion.

Then we did a laughter session. They had a fabulous time, as you can see by these photographs by William.



We also did a laughter meditation.


Then we went outside to do a laughter blessing tunnel in the great splendor of the evening.


Here we are doing a giant, laughter praise circle.


Here I am with Dick Iverson, the camp's executive director. I've known him since my time on the camp staff. It was a delight to see him again. Below are some scenes from the picturesque camp.




Look! The goat smiled at us! Must be a laugher too.

Below is a short video of the camp staff doing the laughter meditation, which is a powerful form of prayer. It can connect you with your source of spiritual joy.


No comments: