Wednesday, October 17, 2012

2012 ALL AMERICA LAUGHTER YOGA CONFERENCE



In September, I traveled to Chicago for the All America Laughter Yoga Conference. It was the fourth one at which I’ve presented. This year, my contribution was primarily laughter dances. I’ve been experimenting with combining laughter with various dances—both folk and popular. My presentation was called “Laugh Deeper: How to Harness the Spiritual Power of Laughter Yoga.” Within that presentation, I taught a laughing Hora dance (from the Jewish faith), led a laughing drumming circle (from the Native America tradition) and a laughing labyrinth (and ancient spiritual practice from many world religions). I also collaborated with Anne Timpany since she and I were both working with the spiritual realm. That way, I also got to experience her Embodying Joy exercises as part of our joint break-out session. The whole conference was uplifting as always. Here are some fun pictures from the event. Some are borrowed from Laughter Yoga Amerca and the rest are my own. Enjoy the pics and consider attending next year’s conference. More information at: www.LaughterYogaAmerica.com.


The whole group (mostly)

A circle dance I led


During my presentation

At the costume party

My morning session of breathing and laughing and singing and blessing

The laughter blessing in my session

Another laughter blessing is being given

More laughter blessings

Ha ha ha!

The closing part of my morning session

Lyrics to a simple laughter dance I taught

With the AMAZING Sarito Sun

With the AMAZING Christine Bills (wearing her You are Amazing shirt!)

Laughing with Anne Timpany and Sarito Sun

Laughing with my new friend from Russia

with Christine, one of my many HA HA sisters





with my pink feathered friends




With the AMAZING Merv Neal from Australia

Merv, Anne and Sebastien

Merv and Sebastien taking their own picture



With my HA HA Sister, Linda Leclerc from Canada

With my roomie and gelotologist friend, Hilary Licht

Laughing with Sarito and Linda

Go Merv! 


With Laughing Jodi Hart

Christine and I with our friend KO from Japan!

with Linda Tourlukis

Sarito's presentation

During the HA HA Sisterhood ritual led by Linda Leclerc

No comments: