Saturday, November 12, 2011

CARL KASELL'S GREETING FOR MY VOICE MAIL




As I announced on this blog in October, I was a contestant on the National Public Radio show, "Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!" I played "Bluff the Listener" and won! So I received the most coveted prize on public radio—Carl Kasell's voice on my home answering machine. You can hear the masterpiece he recorded for me on the YouTube video above (or simply click on this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2NYvrtWwdk&feature=feedu)

Here's the transcript of the segment from the show. You can listen to it below.



I also got a shout-out from the Director of the American School of Laughter Yoga, Sebastien Gendry, who commended me in this post about how I pulled off a bit of guerilla marketing in this radio appearance.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Laura,

Congratulations on winning at Bluff the Listener! I always think that's the hardest game on Wait Wait, usually because after eharing them all my response is, "Oh, my lord, one of these things *actually happened*". :)

I'm wondering if you can tell me how the voicemail message that Carl recorded for you was actually delivered. Did you receive an audio file that you then connected to your voicemail account?

I ask because I work for a nonprofit and one of our celebrity supporters has volunteered to do a similar, singing greeting for some of our donors if we can figure out how to take care of the delivery.

Thanks so much for your help!
Lissa